Shocker! These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI

Shocker! These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI

By : -

Shocker! These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI

Shocker! These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI

According to this study by Oxford University, 45% of current jobs will disappear in the next 10 years. This is because they will be completely automated or upgraded to a point where only a fraction of the current work force will be needed.

Drivers

If you currently work as a driver (taxi, bus, delivery trucks etc.) you’ll probably be out of a job, thanks to AI and the development of autonomous vehicles (self-driving cars). It’s no news that self-driving cars have been under development for quite some time now with companies like Tesla, Ford, Uber and even Apple developing and testing autonomous vehicles! In fact, all major car manufacturers are heading towards electric and self-driving cars and those who aren’t will very soon be left behind.

These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI - Tesla self driving car by Roberto Nickson-Unsplash

These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI – Tesla self driving car by Roberto Nickson – Unsplash

Shocker! These 5 Jobs will soon be replaced by AI - Mercedez-Benz Future Truck

Shocker! These 5 Jobs will soon be replaced by AI – Mercedes-Benz Future Truck

Farmers

Farming has always been and still is a huge employer of labor but this will probably not be the case in the coming decade. Advances in AI has brought about automation of previously manual process like planting seeds, harvesting ripe berries and lots more. See images below

Shocker! These 5 Jobs will soon be replaced by AI - Case IH Autonomous Tractor

Shocker! These 5 Jobs will soon be replaced by AI – Case IH Autonomous Concept Tractor aims to revolutionize farming

 

Shocker! These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI - Harvest Croo Berry Picker uses machine vision and sensor fusion to locate and pick ripe fruits and berries!

Shocker! These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI – Harvest Croo Berry Picker uses machine vision and sensor fusion to locate and pick ripe fruits and berries!

Store Cashiers

You’re probably used to having a cashier attend to you during checkout when you go shopping, well, you need to get used to seeing less of them. Thanks to self-checkout technology being developed by companies like NCR Corporation, Amazon and Walmart. With self-checkout, stores will need only one cashier to “supervise” 8 – 10 lines during checkout. Thanks to these guys (images below), no more waiting in long queues when you go shopping. The downside however is, there will be less store cashier jobs available!

Shocker! These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI - Self Checkout Using NCR Fastlane machines

Shocker! These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI – Self Checkout Using NCR Fastlane machines

Already, online retail giant Amazon has been testing and perfecting its cashierless store; Amazon Go since December 2016 and already has 4 of these running in (3 in Seattle and the 4th in Chicago). That’s not all, Amazon plans to increase this number to 3,000 stores by 2021.

Shocker! These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI - Amazon Go Store

Shocker! These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI – Amazon Go Store

Personal Assistants

Who needs a personal assistant these days when smart assistants like Siri, Alexa, Google Assistant and lots more are there to help you out with just about anything from booking a flight to making reservations at your favorite restaurant and yes even to tell you a story that will cheer you up if you’re down. What’s more, smart assistants are with you virtually all the time you don’t have to pay for the overtime.

Shocker! These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI - Amazon Echo Spot with Alexa

Shocker! These 5 jobs will soon be replaced by AI – Amazon Echo Spot with Alexa

Stock Traders

According to Bloomberg, the U.S. Stock Market belongs to Bots. To further blow your mind, 90% of all stocks traded worldwide on a daily basis are traded by bots! Actual human traders and investors make up the remaining 10%. Well, this shouldn’t surprise you because where there is money to be made, there’ll always be someone trying to automate it and get an edge over competitors.

Shocker! These 5 Jobs will soon be replaced by AI - unreal illustration of trading bot

Shocker! These 5 Jobs will soon be replaced by AI – unreal illustration of trading bot

Development of AI and automation won’t just take jobs, it will also create jobs, high-skill jobs that require programming, supervising and interacting with machines that do the actual work. So, picking up new skills that will allow you easily fit in to the trend is the best bet to remaining relevant even in the upcoming AI age.

Hey there! check out these 5 hilarious memes that will make your day. Also, if you liked this story, don’t forget to share and subscribe for more interesting posts. Thanks!