Npower past questions and answers
By : Martin -
Npower past questions and answers
To help in preparing for the ongoing Npower tests, these past questions have been compiled with answers to help you prepare.
During the test:
Take care to follow all instructions and remember that speed and accuracy are essential, so start with the easiest questions and when you’re done with those, move over to the questions you find more difficult. I must add however that the questions are generally easy to solve so take it easy.
- Brazil is a country in
Brazil is a country in America.
- A man is four times as old as his son. The difference between their ages is 36. Find the sum of their ages.
a) 45 years`
b) 48 years
c) 60 years
d) 74 years
Let the son’s age be x, the man’s age is therefore 4x. From the question, 4x – x = 36 therefore, 3x = 36 and x = 12. Substituting 12 for x gives the sons age as 12 and the man’s age as 12*4 = 48. The sum of their ages is therefore 12 + 48 = 60.
Check: 48 – 12 = 36.
- In a bag of oranges, the ratio of the good ones to the bad ones is 5:4. If the number of bad ones in the bag is 36, how many oranges are there altogether?
Good oranges: bad oranges = 5:4
Number of bad oranges = 36
Number of good oranges = x
Therefore: 5/4 = x/36, cross multiplying gives 5*36 = 4*x, 180 = 4x or 4x = 180, x = 45.
The total number of oranges in the bag: 45 + 36 = 81.
Check: 45:36 = 5:4
- A bicycle wheel of radius 42cm is rolled over a distance of 66m. How many revolutions does it make? [Take π = 22/7]
- a) 25
Perimeter of a circle is gotten using 2πr and in this case, the perimeter of the wheel is: 2 * 22/7 * 42cm = 264cm.
The distance 66m in cm is 6,600cm (1m = 100cm). To determine the number of times the wheel rolls over the distance of 6,600cm, we divide the distance (6,600cm) by the perimeter of the wheel (264cm).
6,600cm/264cm = 25times.
- The ages of three men are in the ratio 3:4:5. If the difference between the ages of the oldest and youngest is 18 years, find the sum of the ages of the three men.
a) 45 years
b) 72 years
c) 108 years
d) 216 years
The 3 men’s ages are in the ratio of 3:4:5, since we don’t know their actual ages, we assume “x” to be the constant which when multiplied with the ratio values will give us their actual ages.
From the question: 5x – 3x = 18
Therefore 2x = 18
x = 9
Their actual ages are: 3*9, 4*9 and 5*9 which is 27, 36 and 45 respectively.
The sum of their ages is 27 + 36 + 45 = 108years.
- The closest government to the people is_______
a) Federal Government
b) United Nation
c) local government
d) Ward Government
e) State Government
Local government is the closest government to the people in Nigeria.
- Have you moved into your new house yet? Not yet. The rooms________.
a) is being painted
b) are being painted
- c) is painted
d) are painted
e) None of the options
“are being painted” is the most appropriate completion of the sentence.
- What is the probability of having an odd number in a single toss of a fair die?
A die has six faces marked: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and there are three faces with odd numbers marked 1, 3, & 5. If the die is tossed once, the probability of getting an odd number is 3 out of 6 (3/6) which is expressed in its lowest terms as 1/2.
- If 2x:(x+1) =3:2, what is the value of x?
If 2x🙁x+1) = 3:2
Then cross multiplying both sides gives 2(2x) = 3(x+1)
This means 4x = 3x + 3
Collecting like terms gives us 4x – 3x = 3
x = 3
Note: substituting x for 3 in the question gives a correct answer.
- Bose shouldn’t have interrupted the teacher, _________?
a) Could she
b) Didn’t she
c) Should she
d) Did she
e) Can she.
“Should she?” is the best answer to the question.
- How did you do in the test? Not so well. I ______ much better but I misread the directions for writing.
a) Will have done
b) Can have done
c) Must have done
d) May have done
e) Could have done
“I could have done much better but I misread the directions for writing” is the most appropriate response to the question “How did you do in the test?”.
[Choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the uppercase word.]
- Few people prefer the RURAL to the ______ areas.
The word nearly opposite in meaning to “RURAL” is “Urban”.
- A piece of land completely surrounded by water is known as_________
a) A platform
b) A lagoon
c) A lake
d) An island
e) None of the options.
An island is a piece of land completely surrounded by water.
- In words number 14 can be written as _________
“14” is correctly written in words as “Fourteen”.
- Who is the current Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria
a) Alhaji Mai Borno
b) Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
c) Godwin Emefiele
d) Adamu Chiroma
e) Charles Soludo.
Godwin Emefiele is the current Governor of Nigeria’s Central Bank.
- Amaka was the cynosure of all eyes at the party. This means that __________
a) She attracted everybody’s attention
b) Everybody was surprised that she attended the part
c) None of the options
d) Everybody looked down at her
e) She was notorious for her behaviour
Cynosure is something that attracts attention, ie. a centre of attraction.
- If the day tomorrow is Sunday, what was it yesterday?
If tomorrow is going to be Sunday, it means today is Saturday and therefore yesterday must have been Friday.
- The Capital of Lagos State is_____
Ikeja is the capital of Lagos State.
- Which is the smallest fraction among the following?
½ or 0.5 is the smallest fraction among all listed.
- What was the first political party in Nigeria?
Answer: the Nigerian National Dempcratic Party (NNDP) was the first political party in Nigeria, formed in 1923 by Herbert Macaulay.
Note: Although these questions have been properly answered and crosschecked for accuracy, endeavor to do your due diligence to ensure that you have the right solutions and answers.
I really hope this post is helpful, also don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to our blog for more important updates and new releases.