Extended Deadline: Friday the 3rd July, 2020 at 17:00GMT
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
Our goal is to raise the next generation of ethical and transformational leaders who would influence change on the African Continent.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education. The Program offers an opportunity for its scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to be change leaders. The Scholars Program embodies an array of services including mentorship, cultural transition, etc. that will lead to the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate ready and meets KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
Find out more about the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Programme at University of Pretoria (2020/2021)
Priority shall be given to
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
The Scholarship package includes
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, Enterprise Development amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of and network with the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
Learn more about the GOOGLE AFRICA DEVELOPER SCHOLARSHIP (GADS) 2020
How to Apply:
Download a copy of the 2020/2021 application form
Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
Deadline for the Submission of Applications: Friday the 3rd July, 2020 at 17:00GMT
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the KNUST Secretariat of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of All examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of Successful applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.
Apply for MasterCard Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships at Makerere University (2020/2021)
Please Note Well:
There are absolutely No Charges/ Fees/ Facilitation/ Agents or Intermediaries Required at any stage of this process.
Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for summary dismissal.
The decisions of the Selection Committee also constituted by the Vice Chancellor are Final.
Telephone numbers, Skype IDs and email addresses provided by applicants should be Active at all times to receive critical information on their application.
For further enquiry and assistance on how to apply, please contact the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790 / +233-3220-62975 or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants shall not contact the Secretariat under any circumstances on the status of their application. The Secretariat would inform and contact applicants when necessary.
Applicants must apply to KNUST for undergraduate admission in order to be considered for the scholarship.
Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s website