Application Deadline: 31st May, 2020
About the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is designed by the collaboration between Mastercard Foundation and University of Gondar. The aim is to create opportunity for quality education and marketable skill for talented youth with disabilities who will play a transformational leadership role in their national development program through influencing policies, strategies and interventions.
International Graduate scholarships are open for applicants from Somalia, Eritrea, South Sudan and Djibouti. Applicants must intend to be a full-time student at the University of Gondar. Specifically, to be eligible to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program’s International graduate scholarship, applicants must meet the below listed criteria:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to their proposed graduate program from recognized University using English as a medium of instruction in the past 5 years with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) at graduation;
- Be citizen and permanent resident of Somalia, Eritrea, South Sudan and Djibouti (and residents of the respective countries for at least five years at the time of their application),
- Youth applicants with disabilities
- Female applicants who are economically disadvantaged and have financial difficulty and cannot finance graduate university education;
If you are from the above 4 countries and meet the criteria you can apply online!
Find out more about the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Programme at University of Pretoria (2020/2021)
- Gender and development studies
- Development and environmental management studies
- Public health
- Social work
- Special needs
- Environmental Health & Occupational Safety
- Med Laboratory
- Health Officer
What the Scholarship Covers
The Scholarship Package includes the following:
- Tuition fee
- Living and board
- Basic medical coverage
- Assistive devices
- Trainings and much more
Extended Deadline: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST 2020/2021
Can applicants without physical impairments apply?
Yes. Academically talented with and/or without visual, hearing or mobility disability (for females) can apply for graduate scholarship but must demonstrate financial need, community giveback experience and leadership capacity/experience.
Note: There is no fee to apply for the scholarship.
More Details and Application
Visit the programme website
Applications can be completed and submitted online here
You can also Download a Paper Application (English) form and send by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail (Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program; P.O. Box 1082; Gondar, Ethiopia) after filling the required information along with scanned copies of relevant testimonials and credentials.