In this post:
- Verification of ID for XLM Airdrop on Blockchain requires completion of Tier 1 and Tier 2 verification.
- Tier 1 verification requires basic information; your name and address.
- Tier 2 verification requires a clear photo of your identity document and two video recordings of you performing simple tasks.
- You may be prompted to complete the registration on the Blockchain app even if you started on a PC/Mac web browser.
How to verify ID for XLM Airdrop on Blockchain
In this post, we talked about the massive Stellar Lumens (XLM) airdrop from the world's largest bitcoin wallet provider Blockchain.com. To claim your free $25 worth of XLM however, you need to verify your identity (if you've not already done so). This post will walk you through the verification procedure.
- Government issued ID: Passport or Driver’s license.
- Your phone (to verify your phone number and record videos of yourself).
About the Verification process
The verification level to claim your free tokens is classified as Tier 2. It is pretty simple and if your uploads (ID and videos of yourself) are clear and consistent, your account will be verified automatically. This takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours. However, if there are issues with verifying your account automatically, your submission will undergo manual review which may take up to 5 business days (could be more, depending on the number of submissions that require manual verification).
Required details for the first stage of verification (Tier 1)
To complete your verification, you'll need to first complete Tier 1 verification which requires:
- Country of residence
- First name
- Last Name
- Date of birth and
- Residential Address.
Successful completion of this stage gives you something like this in your profile section.
How to verify ID for XLM airdrop on Blockchain - Tier 1 verification
Having crossed this first stage (Tier 1), proceed to the next stage (Tier 2) which requires:
- Phone number verification (you’ll need to enter the verification code that would be sent to your mobile number).
- Snap and upload clear identity document (without glare).
- Record two (2) videos of you performing simple tasks as follows:
- Turn your head in the direction shown on your screen and
- Read out the 3 digits displayed on your screen
Upon completion of this stage, you'll have something like this in your profile:
How to verify ID for XLM airdrop on Blockchain - Tier 2 verification
When you make your submission, you'll have to wait for confirmation of successful verification. Depending on the quality of your submission, confirmation may take hours or even days.
Note the following:
You can choose to be notified when confirmed or not. This option is available at the last screen you'll see after making your submission.
When accessing your Blockchain wallet from your computer browser, the link to verify your account is located under "Profile" which is under "Settings" (see image).
How to verify ID for XLM airdrop on Blockchain - Click on Profile to start verification
If you begin the verification process on web browser, you may be prompted to continue the Tier 2 phase (ID and videos) on the Blockchain mobile app (see image below).
How to verify ID for XLM airdrop on Blockchain - Continue verification on mobile app
Best of luck in your verification! Meanwhile check out how you can claim free $50 on LinkedIn!