How to create a company page on LinkedIn in 2019 – Updated!
By : Martin Offiah -
In this post
- LinkedIn has updated the process for creating company pages, this illustrated guide will show you how to create a professional company page for your business using the updated procedure.
How to create a company page on LinkedIn in 2019
Own a business of any size? LinkedIn is a great place to showcase your business, attract and connect with clients, promote your business and lots more. This post is an illustrated up-to-date guide that will show you how to create a professional company page on LinkedIn in 2019. It’s easy, so no worries even if you’re not tech-savvy.
How to create company page on LinkedIn: 5 Simple steps
Step 1: Log in to your LinkedIn account and click on “Work” at the top right (see image below).
Step 2: This will pop up a sidebar, scroll to the bottom of this side bar and click “Create a Company Page”.
Step 3: Select the size of your company. Options include:
- Small business (fewer than 200 employees).
- Medium to large business (more than 200 employees) or
- Showcase page (for sub-pages associated with an existing page) and lastly
- Educational Institution (for schools and universities).
Step 4: Customize your page: Put finishing touches by filling in the following details (asterisked fields are mandatory):
- LinkedIn public URL* (a unique URL that LinkedIn members and search engines will use in finding your page) – choose a URL that correctly represents your business.
- Website (a link to your external website)
- Company Size*
- Company type*
- Tagline (a brief description of what your company does).
Step 5: Verify ownership and create page: Click to check the verification box at the bottom and finally, click “Create page”.
Important: When you create a company page, LinkedIn gives you free $50 ad credit to promote your business and here’s how to claim it!