Are you an African entrepreneur? Apply for the Challenge of 1,000 – 5 days to go
Applications are still ongoing for the Challenge of 1,000 – an event organized by Digital Africa and the Summit for African Entrepreneurs.
1.000 African entrepreneurs will be invited to Bordeaux to present their solutions which fall under any of the themes in the image and list below. This is a show dedicated to projects and solutions for sustainable cities and territories and would be held during the 28th edition of the Africa-France Summit. June 4, 5 and 6, 2020.
The 7 solution themes (The City of Solutions)
Access to essential services
Feeding the cities
Building and enhancing the city
Moving around the city/visit the city
Living in the city
Financing and structuring projects
Connecting the city
The selection of contractors will meet the following criteria:
1. Be an African entrepreneur and have an activity related to one of the 7 solutions above.
2. Be the bearer of an innovative or duplicable solution, at a lower cost and a strong impact to make French and African cities more sustainable from an environmental and social point of view
3. Your organization needs a real legal existence (legal statute)
4. Your organization should have an increasing revenue
5. Be registered on the Digital Africa platform.
Careful consideration will be given by the jury to: 1. Gender Parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply! 2. Geographical balance of origin of Contractors 3. Balance of themes on the 7 districts.
October 18 – January 31, 2020: Call for projects online on digital-africa.co
Every month: selection of the best applications, apply as soon as possible!
End of March, 2020: Nomination of the 1,000 winners.
June 4, 5 and 6, 2020: the Africa-France Summit in Bordeaux, France.
Invitation of Winners
Winners will be invited (one person per organization): the costs of the plane tickets and 3-days accommodation in Bordeaux will be partially or fully beared depending on the financial capabilities of the winner.
Winners will have a space in the entrepreneurs’ stands at the City of Solutions.