Summary of this opportunity:
Applications Deadline: 5th January 2020
Nature of programme: Hands-on mentorship with opportunity for funding
Perks: Incubation space, mentorship, access to HyperSpark investor network and up to SGD40,000 worth of funding
Location: one-north, Singapore
HyperSpark is dedicated To Early-Stage Sustainability-Driven Founders As the world works towards achieving our global sustainable development goals (SDGs) by 2030, it is inspiring and heartening to see more change-makers and innovators step up to take action.
It is clear that more support needs to be given to these people who are working hard at tackling the sustainability crisis. We believe in working hand-in-hand with these global talents and providing them with the support and resources needed to drive action in sustainability.
As part of the HyperX Sustainability Hackcelerator, the HyperSpark programme aims to help early-stage startups with sustainability-focused innovations build their business models, validate and implement faster, find product-market fit and get connected to global sustainability leaders.
Tackling The Sustainability Crisis For A Better Future
We need to create a better, smarter and more sustainable future for everyone. To do that, we need to truly design a better and more inclusive world, use data to drive our next level of innovations, and put sustainability first in everything we do. These are the challenges we have identified:
1. Design a Better World
a. Inclusive Technology: Developing innovations that govern our everyday lives with inclusivity in mind
b. Underserved Communities: Bridging gaps through technology to allow everyone to fully participate in the digital age
c. Urban Living: Mindful innovations that rethink how future generations can meet their living needs
2. Create a Smarter World
a. Data for Good: Data-driven solutions to empower sustainable development
b. Sustainable Impact: Creating measurable sustainable impact through technology to bring about real change
c. Sustainable Economy: Innovations that balance environment and economic considerations for long-term sustainability
3. Build a More Sustainable World
a. Environmental Impact: Minimising negative impact of human activities on the environment through technology
b. Clean Energy: Combating climate change through innovations to produce clean and renewable energy
c. Sustainable Cities: Designing sustainable innovations for society that can help bring about societal and economic opportunities
The 10 week HyperSpark programme will provide a balance of weekly masterclasses, mentorship, industry engagement as well as time to work on and build your startup.
30 startups will enter the programme and go through Pitch Day where only ten shortlisted startups will make it through to phase II of the programme and have the chance to pitch at Demo Day.
We know the struggles of being an early-stage startup, so we will provide a SGD 10,000 grant to the top ten startups that pass the internal evaluation on week 5 of the programme. (Eligible startups will also be able to apply for the SGD30,000 StartupSG Founder Grant to receive a total of SGD40,000 in funding.)
You will work from the StartupX incubation space at One North, which will give you the opportunity to build your startup within an exciting ecosystem!
Through the programme, you will get to meet with excellent mentors that will work with you through your startup challenges.
You will be supported by a programme team who will check in with your startup weekly and support your growth.
The programme will culminate in a Demo Day where you will have the opportunity to pitch to our network of investors and corporate partners to take your startup to the next stage.
What HyperSpark Offers
- Equity-Free Grant: SGD 10,000 grant for selected startups to help you take your startup off the ground. There will be no equity taken.
- Build Your MVP: 10 weeks fast-paced, hands-on programme to validate your startup and build your MVP.
- StartupSG Founder Grant: Fast-track and application support for the SGD 30,000 grant for eligible startups.
- Vibrant Workspace: Incubation space at StartupX for duration of programme.
- World-Class Mentorship: Access to a global network of leading mentors from diverse industries.
- Domain Expertise: Dedicated panel of sustainability domain experts.
- Programme Benefits: Over SGD 30,000 worth of credits and resources from programme partners.
- Investor Network: Access to further capital and investors to support your company.
Apply for this programme if:
- You are an early stage pre-seed startup. You may or may not have launched your MVP in market but you have a sample prototype of your startup idea.
- Your company has at least two co-founders.
- You are available to attend the programme in Singapore (in person) for the duration of the programme if you are shortlisted.
- Your startup is focused on one of the sustainability verticals and your business model has potential to scale (preferably structured around tech).
Note: Joining HyperSpark is a commitment so we will need you to show up for weekly check-ins, masterclasses and mentor sessions.